Friday, March 11, 2011

Time to start planning the garden!


Spring is just around the corner. Have you started planning your garden yet? I've got some sprouts started in the basement.

Truth? I most definitely do NOT have a green thumb.

It's pretty bad. "Eh, I'll water it later." That just about says it.

But this year I'm going to try REAL hard. Last year I successfully grew 2 cayenne pepper plants and 2 tomato plants. I had green beans too...but the twin baby bunny rabbits got to them. I'm pretty sure their mama got killed and I just didn't have the heart to tell the little orphans "no."

I also had some cucumber plants. We won't talk about those.

This year, I'm resolving to have a thriving garden. One thing I've learned is gardening takes a lot of trial and error. You'll be able to prevent a lot of that error by doing a little planning. So it's never too early!

I read The Backyard Homestead: Produce All the Food You Need on a Quarter Acre! and got a lot of information in a really "plain English" presentation. It's great for people like us with itty bitty yards.


No comments:

Post a Comment