1. Margaux is turning 1!! It's bittersweet.
2. Halloween. Do you buy your costumes or make them? Tight budget this year means that not only am I making the kid's costumes, I'm making them entirely out of things that I have around the house. In other words, I'm not going to buy any craft supplies or anything else at the store for the purpose of making costumes. I'm actually really surprised at what we were able to come up with with the help of some super crafty mom bloggers out there. You'll have to wait and see! :)
3. Zac (husband) is up for a promotion--Yay! He works for a company that makes it fairly difficult to get a promotion and he's already been turned down three times. We're praying that the fourth time is a charm. St. Joseph, Patron Saint of Workers, Pray for us!
4. Putting the hobbies up on a shelf for a while. Anyone who knows me, follows me on Facebook, or reads anything that I've ever written on this blog know that I have hobby ADD. From knitting to quilting to baking to...basically anything that involves making something, I want to do it. However I've come to a point in my life where I need some space, some clarity. So, I'm giving myself permission to say "I don't have time for that" and I'm putting most of my projects on the shelf. I have a couple of things that I'm knitting up as Christmas gifts, but that's about it. I've always been about being busy all the time and right now I feel like I just need a little space.
5. Time to close up the garden. This week marks the end of my growing season. If you really want to call it that. I had a wonderfully planned and laid out garden with about 20 different veggies in it. Most of them didn't grow. I got 1 tomato, a handful of green beans, 2 mini-cucumbers, and 3 teeny peppers. It was horrible. It was really dismal. So, I'm closing up shop and using the lasagna gardening method to prepare the soil for next year. I will not give up.
6. Prayer Life. Do you have one? Neither do I. This is one of the reasons I'm setting aside my hobbies. I need more quiet time to spend with God in prayer. I won't make any grand resolutions to pray a daily 15-decade rosary, but I will resolve to fix this void in my life because honestly, I'm a much nicer person when I've spent a little time with God. My husband agrees.
7. Pumpkin recipes. I don't have enough. What are yours?